ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NEET-PG 2019
1 (A) Candidates in possession of MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March 2019, may apply for NEET-PG 2019 through online application system at website www.nbe.edu.in.
(B) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ALLINDIA 50% QUOTA SEATS
Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical College in Jammu & Kashmir. The affidavit is to be sent to the following address along with the print out of the acknowledgment of online application form for NEET- PG 2019 latest by 30th November 2018. Candidates who have done their MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir but fail to submit the affidavit as indicated above will not be considered for participation in All India 50% quota counseling.
(C) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN MEDICALGRADUATES
Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) which is conducted by National Board of Examinations. Further, they should have been registered with MCI/SMC and should have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before 31st March 2019. Note: Possession/Use of Mobile Phones/Electronic Devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of NBE Examination Centre. Candidates shall be liable for penal action for Possession/Use of Mobile Phone/Electronic Devices 17 Foreign Medical Graduates are required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day.
(D) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS IN NEET-PG 2019.
It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with MCI at the time of writing NEET-PG. Foreign Nationals can write NEET-PG without MCI registration. The Medical Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Graduate course limited to the medical college/institution to which he/she is admitted for the time being exclusively for pursuing postgraduate studies. Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered with appropriate registering authority in his own country where from he has obtained his Basic Medical qualification and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority.”
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-PG 2019 will not be permitted to appear in the examination and/or counseling. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET-PG 2019, the results/ candidature of such candidate shall be canceled and/or are deemed to be canceled.
- Requests for appearing in NEET-PG 2019 from candidates completing internship after 31st March 2019 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per IMC Act shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same. The cutoff date for completion of internship towards the determination of eligibility for appearing in NEET-PG 2019 shall be 31st March 2019.
- Appearing in NEET-PG does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at medical institute /college for MD/MS or PG Diploma Courses.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship in the application form (i.e. internship starting and completion date) shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of admission in allotted Medical College/Institute.
- The cut off dates for the recognition of the Medical Colleges, from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2019 will be as prescribed by MCI. The Colleges recognized after the cut- off date prescribed by MCI will not be considered. Note: Possession/Use of Mobile Phones/Electronic Devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of NBE Examination Centre. Candidates shall be liable for penal action for Possession/Use of Mobile Phone/Electronic Devices 18.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished by the candidates on the day of examination and at the time of counselling/admission.
- Some of the Universities/Institutions are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota/State quota seats may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard. NBE/MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible if such candidates are refused for admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
Note: Possession/Use of Mobile Phones/Electronic Devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of NBE Examination Centers. Candidates shall be liable for penal action for Possession/Use of Mobile Phones/Electronic Devices
- A candidate can submit his/her online application form and appear for NEET-PG 2019 only once for admission to the academic year 2019-2020. Candidates submitting multiple application forms will not be allowed to appear in NEET-PG.
- The definition of NRI for admission to deemed university shall be as per Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated 22/08/2017 in WP 689/2017.