- What is the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Postgraduates?
NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance
Examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section (10) of Indian
Medical Council Act, 1956. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level,
shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses Admission Session – 2018.
- Is the NEET-PG 2018 a mandatory test?
Yes, the NEET-PG is a mandatory test for gaining admission to any Postgraduate Medical
Courses with effect from 2018 admission session.
- Who is eligible to take the NEET-PG 2018?
Candidates in possession of MBBS degree/Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate from a
Medical College/Institute duly recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical
Council Act, possessing either a permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS
or equivalent qualification issued by the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council
and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the same on or before
31st March 2018 may apply for NEET-PG.
- Who will be conducting the NEET-PG 2018?
National Board of Examinations (NBE) will be conducting the NEET-PG.
- When will the NEET-PG 2018 be conducted?
NEET-PG 2018 will be conducted on 7th January 2018.
Counseling for State quota seats
- Who will be eligible for State quota seat counseling?
Candidates who are in possession of MBBS degree / Provisional Pass Certificate
recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess
permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the
Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council and have completed one year of
internship / likely to complete on or before 31st March 2018 and has qualified NEET-PG
2018 are eligible for pursuing MD/MS/PG Diploma courses subject to the applicable rules,
regulations, reservation policies and guidelines of respective States/UTs. NBE has no
role in counseling/allotment of seats.
- Who will determine the final merit list for State quota seats?
The merit for State quota seats will be determined by concerned State authority using NEET
PG marks and as per applicable Regulation and/or their eligibility criteria, Guidelines,
reservation policy, benefits for In-service candidates, rural posting (if applicable)etc.
- Who will conduct the counseling for State quota seats & Private Medical Colleges?
Counseling for various categories of State quota seats shall be conducted by the
concerned State Medical Directorate/Counseling authority(s) of the State/UT.
- Will there be any weight age for in-service candidates in State quota seats and how? Will it be reflected?
Weight age for In-service candidates or rural posting in State quota seats shall be decided
by the States/UT themselves as per applicable Regulation and/or their qualifying criteria,
and applicable guidelines etc. NBE has no role in counseling/allotment of seats.
- How many seats shall be available for all States?
Candidates are advised to visit www.mciindia.org for the latest information about various
MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma courses & seats available at various Medical
- What are the reservation policies for various categories for State Quota?
seats/Private Medical Colleges/Universities?
NBE shall be providing only the data of candidates and their results without applying the
reservation prevalent in the States/Union territories of India/ Private Medical Colleges/
Institutes/Universities. The merit list/category wise merit list for the States/UT/ Private
Medical Colleges/Institutes/Universities concerned shall be generated by the States/UT/
Universities themselves as per applicable Regulation and/or their qualifying criteria,
applicable guidelines and reservation policies.
- Who will conduct the counseling for All India 50% quota seats?
Counseling for All India 50% quota seats shall be conducted by Medical Counseling
Committee (MCC) of Director General of Health Services, Government of India. Please
refer to MCC websitewww.mcc.nic.in for details.
- Who will conduct the counseling for DNB Courses?
Centralized merit based Counseling for admission to DNB Courses shall be conducted by
NBE using NEETPG marks.
Format of NEET-PG
- What is the testing format for NEET-PG 2018?
National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Post graduates (NEET-PG) shall be conducted
on computer-based test (CBT) platform. This is not an Internet-based test, i.e. a candidate
does not take the test over the Internet. Instead of reading the questions from a paper
booklet and darkening the ovals in an answer sheet, a candidate will now read the
questions on a computer screen and choose an answer by using a mouse to click on the
- How is the computer-based format different from the paper and pencil format?
The only difference is in the way the questions are presented, and how responses are
- Can I take the exam from any computer?
No, a candidate will have to test take the exam on a pre-assigned workstation, in the
testing city chosen by him/her during the time of online submission of application form.
Exam Duration & Pattern
- What is the duration of the exam?
The exam duration is 3 hours and 30 Minutes and will be conducted in a single section.
Candidates will also need to accept a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) before beginning
- How many questions will there be?
There will be a total of 300 questions.
- Can I move back and forth between the questions?
Yes, candidates will have the option to navigate between the questions via the Review
- What type of questions will there be?
The exam will only contain multiple choice questions, each with four (4) options and only
one (1) correct response.
- What is the syllabus / course on which the exam would be based?
The exam will include all subjects taught during the MBBS course including pre-clinical,
Para-clinical and clinical. Approximate weight age will be given to each subject as
indicated in the bulletin.
- What is the Demo Test?
A demo test shall be available for the benefit of candidates to familiarize themselves with
the Computer based Test format at website www.nbe.edu.in . Applicants will be able to
access the Demo test from 15th December 2017 onwards.
- When will the NEET-PG be conducted?
The next NEET-PG will be conducted on 7th January 2018.
- What are the timings for the testing sessions?
Time for examination session is 9:30 AM – 1:00PM.
- Where can I get the list of test centers for NEET-PG?
The list of test centers is available on the NEET-PG website www.nbe.edu.in
- How do I apply for the exam?
Candidates may register for their test online via www.nbe.edu.in from 31 October
2017 to 27 November 2017.
- What is the test fee?
The fee for the NEET-PG is Rs. 2750 for SC/ST/PWD candidates and Rs. 3750 for
- How do I pay for the exam?
The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway
provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through
Internet Banking. For more information, please visit the website www.nbe.edu.in. The
online submission of application form begins on and ends on
- Can I use my friend’s email address when registering for NEET-PG?
No, you need to use a valid and unique email address.
- Is there a restriction on what can be entered within the address fields during the online submission of application form?
Yes, you need to limit each address line to 30 characters including spaces. You may
make use of Address line 1, 2 and 3 in case of longer addresses. Special characters
- What happens after I’ve submitted my online application?
At the end of online submission of application form, the candidate will get a computer
generated acknowledgement at the registered email id of the candidate. Admit card
will be issued to the candidate once testing venue has been allotted to the candidate
by NBE in the city chosen by the candidate during online registration. Candidates are
likely to get their admit card on their registered email ID approximately 4 days before
the examination day. Candidates will be informed through SMS alerts and Public
Notice regarding availability of the admit card on their registered email ID. Candidates
are required to download their admit card from their registered email ID and affix their
latest passport size photograph in the space provided on the admit card.
- If I have made any mistake(s) while registering for NEET-PG, can I make changes later to rectify?
If you make mistakes while entering your application data, you may log back in to the
NEET-PG 2018 registration website via www.nbe.edu.in and select “Edit Profile” to
make changes to your personal details such as address or “Edit Application” to make
changes to your application data such as educational information.
easons, editing of candidate’s full name and username will not be allowed. The ability
to edit application profile and application details will be available until the end of the
registration window i.e. until 11:59 PM ISTon 27th November 2017.
RE-REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION
- Can I re-registration my exam center?
No, you will not be allowed to change your test location once you have completed your
online registration process. Please select your preferred choice carefully based on
the availability shown to you at the time of your submission of online application form.
- Can I cancel the exam?
No, under no circumstances will a cancellation / refund be allowed.
- If I do not take my exam, will I be eligible for a refund?
No, your fees will not be refunded in case you do not appear for your exam as per your
- What is the reporting time for the exam?
Candidates must arrive at their assigned test centre Two (2) hour before their
scheduled test start time. This will allow for security checks, identity verification and
check-in. The reporting counter will close 30 minutes prior to the exam start time.
Candidates who arrive late will not be allowed to take the exam.
- What do I need to bring to the test centre?
Candidates MUSTbring to the test centre the following documents:
- Printed copy of the Admit Card with photo pasted on it AND
- Photocopy of the Permanent or Provisional SMC/MCI registration*, to be retained by the test centre AND
- Any one of the following authorized photo IDs** (must be valid/original and
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card (with photograph)
“In case, any candidate reports to the test center with e-Aadhaar card with Aadhaar
number printed on it as proof of identity, the e-Aadhaar card should be a good quality
colour print out with clearly visible photograph. The photograph should not have
kinks, scratches and stains, and should definitely match with the candidate
presenting the e-Aadhaar card. Decision of NBE in this regard shall be final”.
*Candidates who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualification outside India and
do not have SMC/MCI registration should bring their original screening test pass
certificate issued on NBE letterhead.
Note: Candidate will not be allowed to take personal items such as mobile phones,
watches, food items, study material, lockets, bags, electronic gadgets or any other
prohibited items into the testing room.You are advised not to bring these to the test center.
- Does the name appearing on the photo identification need to match with the one shown on the Admit Card?
The name on the photo identification must match the name as shown on the Admit
Card. If your name has been changed due to events such as marriage, candidate
must show the relevant document mentioned below at the time of the exam:
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Decree
- Legal Name Change Document
- Where can I find directions for getting to my test centre?
Exact address and location of the test center shall be indicated in the admit card.
Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the test centre locations at
least one day prior to the examination day and ensure that they report for the test as
per scheduled time only. Candidates are required to plan their travel accordingly.
- What happens during the security checks, identity verification and check-in?
Candidates will need to produce their Admit Card and one valid and original ID for
verification upon arrival at the test centre. Only registered candidates will be allowed
into the test centre. Candidates will be frisked before entering the testing room to
ensure they are not carrying any prohibited items. A digital photo and left thumb print
of all candidates will also be captured electronically as part of the check-in process.
- Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go
to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the invigilator. Note that the on-screen
timer will continue running during restroom breaks.
- What will I be provided with during the exam?
At the test centre, each candidate will be seated at a desk with a computer terminal
and he/she will be provided with pencils and rough/scratch paper. Rough work cannot
be done on any other paper/sheet, as no other material will be allowed inside the
testing room. On completion of the exam, candidates will have to hand all the scratch
paper and stationery back to the invigilator.
- How do I know when the exam time has ended?
There will be an on-screen timer on the top right corner of your screen which will count
down from 3 hours and 30 minutes. Candidates are advised to check this timer
regularly and allocate their time carefully. A pop-up window will appear before the
exam ends to alert candidates.
- Will I be able to leave early if I finish the exam before the allocated exam time has ended?
No, candidates will not be allowed to leave until the entire duration of the exam is up with the exception of genuine medical conditions.
- When will the result of NEET-PG 2018 be declared?
The result will be declared by 31st January, 2018.
- What are the types of result of NEET-PG 2018?
NBE shall be declaring the results for:
- a) NEET-PG 2018 rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst
all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-PG 2018
- b) All India 50% quota rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate
amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-PG 2018 for All India
50% quota and is valid only for All India 50% quota MD/MS/Post Graduate
Diploma Courses (2018 admission session).
- c) All India 50% quota Category Rank: This is the overall merit position of the
candidate in the category (OBC/SC/ST) as opted by the candidate in the
NEET–PG 2018 for All India 50% quota and is valid only for All India 50% quota
MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma Courses (2018 admission session).
- How will the tie of marks be solved? What are the tie breaking criteria?
In the event of two or more candidates obtaining same marks, the merit position shall
be determined using following tie breaker criteria in descending order:
- Candidate who has more number of correct responses in the paper shall be
placed at higher merit position.
- Failing which, aggregate percentage score of all MBBS professionals shall be
taken into consideration. Candidate with better percentage will be given a better
- What is the validity of NEET-PG 2018 result?
The validity of the result of NEET-PG 2018 shall be only for the current admission
session i.e. 2018 admission session for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses and cannot be
carried forward for the next session of admissions for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses.
- In case I missed registrations during the registration window, can I still register
st th No, you can only register for NEET-PG from 31 October 2017 – 27 November
- No exceptions will be permitted.
- If I do not get my Admit Card, whom should I contact?
Admit card will be issued to the candidate once testing venue has been allotted to the
candidate by NBE in the city chosen by the candidate during online registration.
Candidates are likely to get their admit card on their registered email ID approximately
4 days before the examination day. Candidates will be informed through SMS alerts